Newmarket and The Rowley Mile 'Course of Champions' is considered to be one of horse racing's exciting venues. Held at the Home of Racing, the Betfred Cambridgeshire Day is one of British horse racing's most famous handicaps and attracts some of the best horses, jockeys and trainers from the racing circuit. And this year you could be there!
In conjunction with the Jockey Club, join us for an exclusive and never been offered before one night package for the Betfred Cambridgeshire Day at Newmarket combined with the most exciting VIP itinerary based at the world famous Jockey Club Rooms. This is a great experience for the ultimate horse racing enthusiast!
As part of this package, you'll get a Grandstand Ticket with full race day hospitality for the Betfred Cambridgeshire Day on Saturday 28th September 2013.
You'll enjoy the ultimate race day experience by firstly being directed to a private hospitality area where a selection of drinks will be served before lunch.
During the afternoon, you'll be given a tour of the race starting point and the historic weighing room where you might catch some of the day's jockeys.
TV monitors and access to a private tote for betting are also available.
Guests will stay at the illustrious Jockey Club Rooms in Newmarket for one night. The famous rooms have been at the heart of British horse racing for a number of years. This illusive private members club has magnificent interiors and is opening its doors for guests to savour an exclusive experience like never before.
Guests are invited to arrive at the Rooms during the morning of Saturday 28th September for a pre-racing drinks reception on the terrace (weather permitting). At the reception, you’ll get the inside track for the day's racing from our 'Tipster' who has been invited to speak.
You will then transfer to the racecourse for the Betfred Cambridgeshire Day. For more information about this, please see the ticket section above.
After your day at the races, you'll return for pre-dinner drinks on the terrace (weather permitting) and a five course meal (based around Tim Turner's seasonal tasting menu) at the Members’ Long Georgian Dining Table where a well-known trainer will dine with you giving a post-dinner speech and tails from the day. After dinner, you’ll retire to the Morning and Card Room where a selection of coffees, teas, petit fours and after dinner drinks will be served.
On Sunday 29th September, after being given an escorted tour of the Gallops, a hearty traditional English breakfast or a Continental option (if preferred) will be served with a selection of newspapers available for guests to share. You will then be given tours of a local trainer’s yard and the world famous Fine Rooms (within The Jockey Club) which will highlight the early beginnings of Newmarket, the development of horse breeding in the area, how The Jockey Club began and its amazing art collection.
As part of the package, guests will be privately transferred from The Jockey Club Rooms to Newmarket Racecourse on Saturday 28th September, as well as to the trainer's yard and Gallops the next day.
- One night at The Jockey Club Rooms with a hearty traditional English breakfast or a Continental option (if preferred) served on the morning of Sunday 29th September
- Pre-racing drinks reception served on the terrace (weather permitting) on arrival on Saturday 28th September
- Pre-dinner drinks on the terrace (weather permitting) followed by Tim Turners five-course seasonal tasting menu with a well-known trainer followed by post dinner drinks, coffee’s, tea’s and petit fours
- A bespoke tour of the Gallops and exercise area at Newmarket Racecourse. This should give you the opportunity to meet and chat with a host of trainers out on the heath in the early morning
- A tour of a local trainer's yard located at the back of The Jockey Club's Fine Rooms
- A tour of the Fine Rooms at The Jockey Club highlighting the early beginnings of Newmarket, the development of horse breeding in the area. How “The Jockey Club” began and also the amazing art collection housed in the Fine Rooms
- Full Newmarket Race Day Experience with Grandstand tickets and hospitality at the Betfred Cambridgeshire Day on Saturday 28th September. This will include welcome drinks and lunch plus a tour of the race starting point and the historic weighing room
- Private transfers from The Jockey Club Rooms to Newmarket Racecourse and to the trainer's yard and Gallops